A Note To Brett Kavanaugh | Teen Ink

A Note To Brett Kavanaugh

By kathytennis SILVER, New York City, New York
kathytennis SILVER, New York City, New York

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
-Michael Scott

The article “A note to Brett Kavanaugh”, written by Rian Miesen (November 2018 issue) is a very moving piece addressing the crimes of Brett Kavanaugh. Most teens don’t watch the news, or if they do they don’t really pay attention much, so this piece is a real eye-opener of a serious offense. “The bodies of women are not chess pieces, and I can’t believe we have been saying that for 100 years,” is a quote from the article. Rian really shows anger and disgust by insulting Kavanaugh’s intelligence, and by questioning his sense of moral.

I’ve never been or known anyone who’s been sexually abused(at least I don’t think so) so reading this article really got me to appreciate the kind of environment that I live in, where everything’s pretty safe. Rian seems deeply troubled and seems to really want to get the message across that what Kavanaugh did was wrong. He abused women, and Rian shows that everything about that is immoral and disgusting. “Yet somehow, the simple knowledge of consent is too complicated for your tiny prefrontal cortex to take in”, this shows the insults being so mercilessly thrown at Kavanaugh. In this brilliantly written poem,  Rian Miesen portrayed the absolute truth of what Brett Kavanaugh had done.