But… She’s a Girl Response | Teen Ink

But… She’s a Girl Response

By JakobT BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
JakobT BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

In the article “But… She’s a girl” it shows that people may look at your gender and think that a girl can’t play a sport. “They thought that because I was a girl, I couldn't make the shot.” In this phrase it shows that because she is a girl the boys think she can’t play the sport well. I feel like they are treating her unfairly because of her gender. As quoted, ‘The opposing team was gawking at me.” This shows that they were looking at her like she does not belong, or because they think she is stupid for trying this.

In the article “Benefits of Attending Summer Camp” it explains how summer camp feels like home. In the article it says, “The summer camp that I attended became my second home.” It also tells how she gets to meet new and teach kids. “ I went through training with a group of friends where we all learned how to be better leaders.” This is a unique article because it shows how you can make new friends. This article was very interesting on how you can make new friends in a cool summer experience.

These were both very interesting articles.