Feedback on Long Distance | Teen Ink

Feedback on Long Distance

By mayanelson GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
mayanelson GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

“Long Distance” by Lilly describes the friendship she has made with a girl on the internet named Britney. Though thousands of miles apart, their connection was stronger than with any of the girls at her school. I enjoyed the piece because it focused on a different kind of friendship most don’t think of when they think “friendship.” The relationship between the girls was very heartwarming and was very clear how close they were. Many people consider internet friendships to be not very strong or substantial, but this piece proves that wrong.

I’ve had my fair share of online friendships, and though I’ve never been as close with them as Lilly and Britney are, I can say that they are special. In the piece, it says “Internet friends see a side of you that friends in real life often don’t get to see. I’m able to be completely honest with Britney because she doesn’t go to my school.” With people on the internet, they don’t ever see you in real life so you can trust them with things you normally wouldn’t tell others. Overall, “Long Distance” is a great piece that sheds light on a very important type of friendship that most people overlook.