“Liberals, Watch Fox News; Conservatives, Watch MSNBC” | Teen Ink

“Liberals, Watch Fox News; Conservatives, Watch MSNBC”

By GillBot SILVER, Brooklyn, New York, New York
GillBot SILVER, Brooklyn, New York, New York

Rania Mullen of Muscat, Oman really captivated me with their neutral stance of the direction that America if going in. She highlights how the news media has become a safe haven for people with the same political views. What America is going through right now is clear political turmoil, in terms of the tensions that are currently rising between every political group. The author never shows her political stance throughout, instead opting for complete neutrality and not favoring one side over the other. For example, she brings up the topic of the Mueller investigation into Donald Trumps’ campaign and their alleged ties with the Kremlin, as well as Hillary Clinton’s email scandals. She says that if they both committed a crime, then both should be held accountable.
     I believe that what the author shows in writing the piece is clearly what America needs in the general population. With the piece itself, I support the message behind it. I support how US citizens are beginning to put themselves into a personal bubble where no one’s opinion is heard, except for their own. I also agree that healthy debate is on a steep decline, and the only way to solve it is to open up who you listen to and what news stories you read. Nowadays, bipartisanship and the coming together as Americans is the only way to heal these fresh wounds.

RaniaMichaela PLATINUM, Abu Dhabi, Other

"Don't watch what they say, watch what they do." ~ Rachel Maddow

Thank you so much for writing this, it means a lot to me!! I’m glad you enjoyed it and that you agree with the message. And you’re absolutely right, bipartisanship and listening to each other is the answer!!