Feedback on Liberals, Watch Fox News; Conservatives, Watch MSNBC | Teen Ink

Feedback on Liberals, Watch Fox News; Conservatives, Watch MSNBC

March 28, 2019
By maryence SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
maryence SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

George Washington wrote in his farewell address 226 years ago: “ Let me now take a more comprehensive view, and warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the spirit of party generally.” This was when parties were just beginning to form, and now they are at the forefront of America 226 years later. This is greatly reflected through the piece “Liberals, Watch Fox News; Conservatives, Watch MSNBC,” by Rania Mullen discusses her point of view on the American political party system. The piece delves into the idea that Americans are so biased toward their own political views that they can’t see past them, and continue to disregard the other side. “Liberals, Watch Fox News; Conservatives, Watch MSNBC” by Rania Mullen beautifully captures the state of America when it comes to politics, and is nothing other than truthful about where it’s going.


A quote in this article speaks to me. It states: “They keep persisting and tuning out any other views besides their own and others like them.” This is an accurate representation of American personalities when it comes to political parties. They don’t want to immerse themselves within a different culture just because of the simple fact that it is different. I tend to not insert myself in politics, but my views change based on others’ opinions. I wish other Americans can be less biased when it comes to political parties, but sadly it doesn’t look like it is changing. Thank you Rania, for using “Liberals, Watch Fox News; Conservatives, Watch MSNBC” as a way to expose the American political party system.