Humans Are Certainly Something Else | Teen Ink

Humans Are Certainly Something Else

By theboicovius SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
theboicovius SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada

Y’know, I always hear people talking about whether aliens are real or not. Some claim that they live among us in human disguise; others claim that they’re a myth. At first, I thought “maybe the government’s just hiding stuff from us as usual. There could potentially be another species out there in space that was unfortunate enough to visit Earth and be captured for experimentation in Area 51”. After hearing both sides of the argument and looking back, I’ve finally come to a conclusion: aliens do exist. They’re called human beings.

Now before you start saying that I’m a dumbass and that I don’t know shit, just hear me out for a second. I say that we’re the aliens because, in my opinion, we are the weirdest species on this very planet. Think about it: what other race can find body parts such as feet attractive, put a hotdog between a burger & call it a groundbreaking discovery, or name their kids something like Cornelius, Makayla, or even Hubert. Can a turtle start doing backflips and be trained by a rat? Can a dog colonize a piece of land and call it Florida? Can a lizard freeze their bodies and hide it in an amusement park? The answer to all of these is no.

We can be intelligent and still have a bit of stupidity in us; that includes you and me. Sure I have the ability to go one day without cracking a joke or do some stupid gag, but where’s the fun in that? I enjoy clowning around. It relieves stress and makes me happy. We shouldn’t be afraid to f*** up and be stupid for a tiny bit. We’re all human. We can be wrong, even if some people ridicule us for it. I mean look at me; I once planted an egg in a plant pot thinking it would make an eggplant. Stupid I know, but I was five years old at the time. Even if we don’t want to admit it, we’ve all done something so short-sighted at one point in our lives. It could be from shouting out the wrong answer in class to confusing something for another. Don’t be afraid to screw up, fellas. No matter what anybody tells you, we’ve all done something dumb and there’s no shame in it as long as you’ve learned from it.