The Anxiety I carry | Teen Ink

The Anxiety I carry

By MarinCopeland BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
MarinCopeland BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

I found Amy's article, "The Anxiety I Carry" very relatable. I personally remember when speaking in front of people was one of the scariest things in the world. The author describes speaking in the front of the room as a "beautiful, terrible place" That I relate with. She says that the front of the room is terrible in the fact that it feels like millions of eyes are watching you to make a mistake but beautiful in the way you feel after you conqured your fears. She also mentions that when she's with her friends and family, she is "lound, animated, [and] talkative." I relate highly to this statement because I personally am the same way with my friends and family. However when I'm among my peers, I'm super closed off and reserved. When Amy says "It hurts so much more to go back to that quiet, skittish me whenever I am forced into something social", I agree. I agree because what I believe she is trying to say is that when people with anxiety, myself included, are forced into a social situation where there is no one we know, anxiety just takes over and makes us feel like we can't think or breath even sometimes. 

Thank you Amy for bringing light on the subject of anxiety and how it really does effect us and reminding me that I truely am not alone.