Critique of | Teen Ink

Critique of

By K_Wellman SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
K_Wellman SILVER, Defiance, Ohio

The writing titled “Five Finger Death Punch,” written by Jordan Gust, talks about remembering old times and wishing to go back to a simpler time. His writing left me feeling able to relate. I too wish I could go back to a simpler time in my life. There are so many big decisions that come along with growing up. Jordan writes,” …because we don’t have air conditioning and in the winter the only options are cook at 450 degrees or freeze,” I can relate to this because my car does not have air conditioning and I remember thinking that it was such a big deal. Now, I look back and wish I could have that problem instead of picking a career and college. Jordan also writes, “I try not to pay attention to the elbow jamming on purpose into my side that my brother could literally put anywhere else but he chooses my side, and now today the songs “Bad Company” and “House of The Rising Sun” taking me back…,” this quote is easy for me to relate to because when I was younger my dad would play those songs. I also would be fighting with my brothers in the car as well. Life was much simpler then, and I wish I could return.