review | Teen Ink

review

By meling_b BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
meling_b BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

“From Nobody to Somebody” by Noah Fisher talks about winning the state title. It was very easy to relate to for me. 

Reading “From Nobody to Somebody” made me remember when I ran cross country. The article reminded me of my first GMC race, how I was so nervous and if I could actually finish. The author writes, “Two hundred meters out, my legs numbed and began feeling like Jell-O.” When I raced my legs would get numb and I would just keep pushing because I knew I couldn’t stop anytime soon. When Noah writes about seeing all the schools and their tents Noah comments, “ the village looked like a rainbow.” I remembered when I saw all the tents and flags at Edgerton for GMC’s. I thought it looked like a bunch of paint samples that you see at the store. He also writes about how nervous he was for his race. It made me think about how I felt, like there were a bunch of butterflies in my stomach when all the runners would line up in their boxes. Reading Noah’s article also had me realize that a good coach can have you go a long way if you work hard in a sport you love doing.