What Doesn't Kill You Makes a Good Story | Teen Ink

What Doesn't Kill You Makes a Good Story

The writing titled “What Doesn’t Kill You Makes a Good Story”, written by Gabriella, talks about overcoming difficult tasks. Her writing left me feeling in amazement. It was the sophomore year for three girls and they were about to take on a challenging task. They had to go on an outdoor trip and they had a choice whether they wanted it to be easy going or difficult. The three girls had chosen difficult trips so they went in the mountains with three athletic boys. When they got their they were in awe of the mountains and beautiful scenery. I can relate because I used to live in Tennessee for two years. I know for a matter of fact that going up not even half the mountain would feel like running a marathon. Also, the attitudes that Gabriella writes about shows me that they were struggling. As Gabriella states, “I wanted nothing more than to turn back and leave right then and there.” This article shows that you can get through any challenging obstacle if you put your mind to it. Gabriella shows this by stating, “I can proudly say that I climbed Mount Washington and crossed the peaks of about seven other mountains, once conquering four peaks in a day.”