What It Feels Like | Teen Ink

What It Feels Like

September 19, 2019
By aldendophin786 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
aldendophin786 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The writing titled “What It Feels Like”, written by “Orin”, talks about his depression and never-ending stress he feels about himself.  His writing left me feeling perplexed about myself. “What It Feels Like” Left me in turmoil. This story hit me down into my core, because I can relate to him. The very beginning of the story he takes his dog out to the park. The next thing that happens is “… but a car is zooming past. By the time it left my vision, so was Addie”. This pained me to read because I have felt the same thing in my life, I thought my dog would never come back. The very next thing that happens is that he runs home to get his mom. He is running and then gets to the door “… I am locked out …”. This sentence made me shutter, in his time of need everything is going to the worst. This is where he starts to get depressed because he is banging on the door and window but nobody notices him. In my life, I have experienced this feeling of being alone and unnoticed, it hurt me a lot. The feeling Is an emotion that can shake anyone down to the core.