Get Out | Teen Ink

Get Out

The writing titled “Get Out,” written by Elijah Bacal, talks about racism. His writing left me feeling Curious.

In this movie review over Get Out, the writer explains that the movie doesn’t give a understandable message. The article states, “...racism is not only perpetrated by police brutality, bigoted politicians, or the KKK.” Get Out has a great message in my opinion, so therefore I disagree with the writer. There is racism everywhere and this movie is a showing of how some people act towards african americans today by adding a scary/tension vibe in the movie. Stated in the article, “ I would’ve voted for Barack Obama a third time. “  As a Biracial kid, I look at this as rude. Why would any person feel the need to bring that up to an african american the first time they see them? The movie is portraying racism in a different way and sadly, thats how some african americans see their life today. The writers arguments weren’t strong, but his view was interesting and I hope he has a better understanding.