Trapped in Society | Teen Ink

Trapped in Society

By AnthonyD BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
AnthonyD BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

I wholeheartedly disagree with Autumn Antonson in her article “Trapped in Society” because of her take on how women are viewed and treated in today's society. My first issue with Autumn’s article “Trapped in Society” is I feel as if it is somewhat biased towards men due to the fact that the author herself is a female. In addition, there is nothing wrong with that but I feel it has a great impact on her perspective of women's treatment. Autumn repeatedly talks about women being objectified in society and how they deal with harassment, judgement, and typical society standards which I strongly agree with but then she begins to insinuate that men do not come across any of this which is where I disagree with her. I truly do believe and agree with Autumn on how women are seen as less valuable than men and it is proven because of the fact that women earn just 79 cents for every dollar men make which I have no clue how that's allowed but who am I. Nonetheless, her claims on how men do not encounter any of the stuff women do is pretty insane to think or even say but besides that I believe her article was well written. In conclusion, I respectfully disagree with Autumn’s view point in the article because I feel as if she wrote it out of her emotions instead of facts.