Feedback on | Teen Ink

Feedback on

Alex Zhang’s article, “Dead Last,” was very inspirational. Alex has always been last while swimming laps with his team, so he tries working harder in order to end up in the middle. He chooses to practice with a different style of swimming: the butterfly stroke. Although the butterfly stroke was something that most people found difficult, Alex kept practicing until he was able to catch up with his teammates. His efforts paid off when he ended up winning fifth place in a swim competition. Being in the middle was better than being last.

Alex’s determination pushed him to be better and better. I know that I can be better at what I do if I put my mind to it. Alex was never invited by his team to participate in the swim competitions, but he never stopped training. I admire his perseverance and his positive attitude; I hope I can be the same way when it comes to areas I can improve on. If there’s anything I learned from Alex, it’s that hard work pays off. He can definitely make it to the top if he keeps his optimistic mindset.