Feedback on | Teen Ink

Feedback on

By Eman1234 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
Eman1234 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

Sara Jarecke’s stance in “The Missing Ninth” is absolutely right in my point-of-view. Her article on how much the human population is starting to rely on their cell phones addresses all of the issues that come with cell phones. Sara talks about how teens are giving up all of their valuable time just so they can use social media (i.e. Instagram, Snapchat, FaceTime) instead of doing what’s important. I completely agree with the author’s position that cell phones are ruining people’s lives and feel the same way myself.

To me, my cell phone is just another possession, another object. It would be inaccurate to say that I spend more than two hours on my phone a day. However, I know people who do, and a lot of these people are family members and close relatives. These miniature screens aren’t going to get anyone anywhere in life, whether they like it or not. “How do you go about your life with a screen in your face?” This question from the article speaks to me because it’s both relatable and something to think about. How do you go about your life with a screen in your face? After reading Sara’s article, I was reminded of all those people that seem to have an extreme emotional attachment to their phones and can’t seem to go on without them. I commend Sara for writing about such a topic and hope all teens out there that excessively spend time on their phones will rethink their actions and realize the hindrances of them.