How Long Submissions Take to be Approved | Teen Ink

How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

DJRAVS BRONZE said...
DJRAVS BRONZE, London, Other
ill try that thanks

on Jun. 27 2016 at 5:08 am
Littlemustangfilly BRONZE, Mesa, Arizona

If you hear a voice from with in say "I cannot paint" then by all means paint and that voice shall be silenced -Vincent Van Gogh

Excuse me I meant to say content w/ more mature themes.

on Jun. 27 2016 at 5:06 am

I think that if they are concerned about content then they should have a button you can hit (like when submitting to deviant art) that indicates that a story is not suitable for younger audiences. This is a platform for teens to share their work and because we are at an age where we are transitioning into adults we should be aloud to share content with more mature content. If they want to keep it real simple they should make a rule saying that we have to warn about mature themes in the beginning of our books' synopsis that way our books can be available immediately and anyone who doesn't follow that rule can be given a warning to correct the mistake.

StephanieMichelle98 SILVER, Syracuse, Utah

"The prettiest smiles hide the deepest secrets. The prettiest eyes have cried the most tears. And the kindest hearts have felt the most pain."
-Unknown

@HaliBug same.. they wouldn't post mine because it wasn't appropriate for all ages

HaliBug PLATINUM, Apopka, Florida

"Everything seems impossible until it's done," - Nelson Mandela

I've been rejected before because the editors thought the content was inappropriate for the website.

K,J,K, said...
Awesome poem Rachel!
Very inspiring words and wonderfully written.
Ps....K

SomeoneMagical PLATINUM, Durham, New Hampshire
I agree! You should not have to wait...I personally have never been in a situation addressing the fact that the work is not going to appear on the site. They should just put it on. But I guess in order to give awards (editors check, etc) you would need to read it over. But the magazine badge appears after something is added to the magazine. The waiting, I don't understand though. Great for you for addressing this issue and I hope they consider taking measures to fix it.

Maggie Babson, Lexington, Massachusetts
how long does it take to be notified if your work gets published in the magazine?

simmone BRONZE said...
simmone BRONZE, Karachi, Other

Life Itself Is A Life Time Opportunity

Actually my friend recieved an email that her poem won't be published

bourgeoisiehater GOLD, Weaverville, North Carolina
I just somehow deleted something from my iCloud and I can't get it back. But it's on teen ink (or at least I submitted it) but i can't get to the file. Is there a way to get to something I've submitted before it is posted?

Oh yes, the art of patience :P

Regoneth SILVER, Ilford, Other

“Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cake hole.” - Dean Winchester, Supernatural.

Patience is ultimately, my enemy. But, I see how hard it must be for the editor to go through hundreds of submissions a day. I shall use the time it takes for my first piece of work to get published to get to know Patience a bit better.

bay_JP SILVER said...
bay_JP SILVER, San Francisco, California

Be yourself. Everybody else is already taken.

My first piece got approved within 2 days, but the two I've submitted heven't made it on in a week. Submit multiple works and they shuold find yours :)

AudreyAKAThatWriterGirl GOLD, New York, New York

"But sometimes it's 9am on a tuesday morning and you're standing at the kitchen bench waiting for the toast to pop up. And the smell of dusty sunlight and earl gray tea makes you miss him so much you don't know what to do with your hands." - Scanlan

I wasn't sure if you were saying that the website forgot to bleep out a curse word of yours, but I know that in one of my pieces there are bleeped out curses and one was not bleeped.  Maybe there are words they find appropriate even though they're curses?

Hms1214 BRONZE said...
Hms1214 BRONZE, Cochranton, Pennsylvania
Mr .Susol sorry typo  

Hms1214 BRONZE said...
i submitted a educator of the year like two months ago and it's still pending approval is it just me or does everyone have to wait this long Mr. Suso has my hand written copy  

XOBookishXO BRONZE, Boca Raton, Florida

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." ~ William Shakespeare

Oh,  that means I'll be waiting a while. 

lkk4209 BRONZE said...
lkk4209 BRONZE, Somewhere, Massachusetts

"April Fool's Day is for amateurs. You never need an excuse to mess with people's heads."

"I may be lying in the gutter, but I'm staring up at the stars, honey."

The reason it takes so long is because they recieve so many submissions, and have to read through all of them to make sure there isn't something that breeches the guidelines. One of my pieces was rejected before. I was surprised, because I didn't think I violated any guidelines, but I wasn't too upset about it.

on Jun. 12 2013 at 11:36 am
RunnergirlAlli SILVER, Tyndall AFB, Florida

"When writing a novel a writer should create living people; people not characters. A character is a caricature." -- Ernest Hemingway "If you do not breathe through writing, if you do not cry out in writing, or sing in writing, then don't write." -- Anais Nin

I acutally have just had a poem of mine rejected, and I have to say I was rather upset. But without roadblocks, you don't become a good climber. I don't however think things should be posted right away, that opens the door to plagiarism and we don't want that. 

YozoraK PLATINUM, Maumelle, Arkansas

"Life for you has been less than kind/So take a number/Stand in line/We've all been sorry/We've all been hurt/But how we survive/Is what makes us who we are." -'Survive' by Rise Against

It's funny, I submitted a SasuNaru fanfiction a while ago, and before I sent it in, I checked it over for swear words (because I wrote it AGES ago), and I missed one (which I noticed when I read through it on the site).  How did that one get skipped over?