AP Classes | Teen Ink

AP Classes MAG

By Anonymous

     I recently read an article on the Teen Ink website that stated high school students should not be forced to take AP courses as a way to get into a good college. Also, it declared that high school students should take the time to enjoy their high school experience by doing things like getting jobs and hanging out with friends.

I strongly disagree with this article. While social interaction and employment are important, they must not interfere with or take precedence over your future goals.

In my opinion, the only way to get anywhere in life is by forcing yourself to exceed the standards of academic achievement, community service, and extracurricular activities.

What do you think makes Ivy League colleges so outstanding? Isn’t it the fact that they only accept students who demonstrate outstanding effort in their learning and care about their futures? These schools pride themselves on accepting the best of the best - the ones who go above and beyond what is required.

In my opinion, high school isn’t a time to party, but rather a time when every decision impacts your future. If you apply yourself now, you will help mold yourself to succeed. On the other hand, if you choose to look at high school as a party, you will probably live to regret it.