Ratings VS Comments. | Teen Ink

Ratings VS Comments.

By KiraKira PLATINUM, Cardiff By The Sea, California
KiraKira PLATINUM, Cardiff By The Sea, California

Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

I would like to be blunt, if you will allow me. A matter has come to my attention over the years of my membership with TeenInk. Ninety percent or more of the time, I receive emails from TeenInk saying that someone or many people have rated my articles. This is all fine and dandy, but I WANT TO KNOW WHY.

So, please, tell me why you gave me a 1 out of 5 star rating, or even a 5 out of 5. Tell me what you liked, what you didn't like, and tell me why. If you say "this is great", then tell me why. What about it made it great, or even terrible? What phrase, what tone? I want to know what you think about my work. I want constructive criticism so I can become a better writer.

So please, please, COMMENT ON MY WORK.

Thank you for your time, have a wonderful day.

(this wasn't meant as a literary article to be commented or rated. I just want to put this out there for people who have read or will read my work.)

AriShine GOLD said...
AriShine GOLD, Norcross, Georgia

"Whatever you are, be a good one." -Abraham Lincoln

I completely agree with you. I've gotten a couple ratings on my work, but when there is no comment, it is  frustrating.

pandagirl312 GOLD, Leawood, Kansas
Agreed. But some people look at my work without rating or commenting which I find to be really annoying. I try to comment and/or rate everything I read on Teenink.