Never Seen | Teen Ink

Never Seen

By WinkieM SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
WinkieM SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

An overwhelming sense of sympathy and warmth spread into me after reading the heartfelt story “Never Seen.” It teaches us that siblings are truly the best gifts one can be granted.

In the article, Philippa B tells of her beloved sister Katie. She describes her as memories filled with love and compassion. However, the two girls had never even met before – Katie had died before the writer was born. It is touching how much Philippa loves her, despite the fact that they never saw each other in person.

Yes, Philippa, it is completely normal to love somebody you don’t know. It is shocking how much I can relate to the story. I would’ve had another older sister if she hadn’t died years and years back. Though we’ve never seen each other’s faces, never knew who the other really is, I feel a sincere connection between us. At times I miss her badly, but I know I must stay strong, for the sister who’s actually here with me today is already a shining light in my life.

Thank you for helping me realize just how important families are to our well-beings. “Never Seen” is a relatable and heartwarming article that can melt even the iciest of hearts.

SmilingTrace BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

"We must do the things we think we cannot do."
~Eleanor Roosevelt

Idk but yor words are amazing like oh me her what how are you so wonderful. I gtg study for a math test bye.

WinkieM SILVER said...
WinkieM SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
Yours is better, Tracy. Omg I feel that way too, how have we never met

SmilingTrace BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

~Eleanor Roosevelt

I did my feedback on this one too. Your's is so good Winkie M. Oh I wish I could meet you. I feel like we could be amazing friends ofc.