Summer Hiatus? | Teen Ink

Summer Hiatus? MAG

By Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California
Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

I have noticed that Teen Ink only publishes ten issues of the magazine per year. Why not publish in July and August? With so many teen writers submitting articles every day, two more issues would give more writers the chance to have their work published. Also, with all the homework and other commitments that teens have to juggle during the school year, summer may be a time when teens are more productive with their writing. You would be offering them a better activity to counteract their boredom than watching TV or going online.

I also think it would provide teens with the option to read new articles during the summer without having to strain their eyes looking at their computer screens or iPhones. This would be a huge benefit to both readers and writers. So I ask you, Teen Ink editors, to please consider this idea.

Editor’s response: We don’t publish in the summer because most of our copies are sent to schools which, of course, are closed in July and August. But summer is a great time for you to read, fine-tune your writing, and submit work to us. TeenInk.com’s vibrant community of writers and artists is active all summer too.

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

I agree, they need to send magazines in July and August as well ^_^

sameenmaali said...
sameenmaali, San Diego, California
love your article!