Feedback on "Happiness is Contagious" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "Happiness is Contagious"

January 8, 2015
By ScreenName098 GOLD, New York City, New York
ScreenName098 GOLD, New York City, New York
10 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss


        "Happiness Is Contagious" by Georgia Gray certainly radiates the beautiful emotion of cheerfulness. Georgia gives a close perspective of her long-term experience with the universal feeling, emphasizing how it is a gift that she emanates towards others. The author had a way of shrouding the bitter times in the ups and downs of life by employing a series of exclamation points that she deemed a portrayal of her true excitement. She grew especially attached to the punctuation mark, utilizing it whenever possible in hopes of spreading her happiness. When Georgia was met with uncertainty in her methods, however, she plunged into a wallow of despair, a sudden change that others didn't know how to react to. Nonetheless, she was able to overcome her depression and morph into her happy self once again. She admitted that the exclamation points were not unnecessary- they were important in emitting her genuine personality and character.
        I have always, for the most part, remained joyous and gratified with life as it goes on. I refuse to spend the entirety of my existence sulking in ignorance, unable to grasp the countless things that have the potential to make me grin. Georgia's work has reiterated the very thing I always remind myself to be. It has reinforced the idea on how influential a simple emotion can be. As Georgia proclaims, "I'm helping them look on the bright side, to read their troubles from a different point of view." This magnificent piece naturally draws out the noteworthy significance of happiness. It inspires readers to live each day with a smile on their face.