Pinocchio | Teen Ink

Pinocchio

By Londonk0504 BRONZE, Valley Stream, New York
Londonk0504 BRONZE, Valley Stream, New York

The short piece Pinocchio, Nithya Swaminathan,the author, brings a whole other darker edge to the original Pinocchio. Instead of the happy heartwarming original Pinocchio story that we all know and love, the author takes it to a new level. There was a boy, made out of wood that was spit in half. Each of the halves were one person, only with one arm, one leg, one eye and half of a heart. As the days go on, the father of the boys notices that one of the boys loses a body part each day. At the same time as this happens, he notices that the other brother gains a new body part. You won't believe what dark and twisted ending Nithya had in store for her readers!
Although very abnormal and dark, this piece is a good representation of what teenagers can do to transform something that was once so happy and make it complete opposite. This was a well written piece and the author's eerie and interesting take on the once cheerful piece Pinocchio was very refreshing. I am very glad to have read this piece from Nithya's crazy perspective.