Feedback on "Her Christmas Wish" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "Her Christmas Wish"

This was a very suspenseful built-up article on prostitution and how a woman who's constantly sexually harrased for a living has to support her son, who she loves, but was a result of a rape. I like how the introduction just shows a poor woman who gets paid to get groped by men and is just a thing of show. No one has any sympathy for her since they think she wastes her money and life on drugs. Her entire routine is shown as the goal of simple survival such as getting food is her main goal. Another woman like her is trying to survive their cruel world just like her. But she is trying to support a child this time. She is prettier than her and gives a better impressio. She isn't exactly out of the darkness, but she's at the edge, having something to live for. Her son's gratefulness and ability to cope with his underpriveliged life is what gives her hope. This piece was very moving and clearly showed that we can't judge people by appearance. Everyone is just trying to survive this harsh, competitive world we have. Even ordinary people. This piece also reminds me of how other people out there lead harsher lives than what us kids think have a "hard" life.                                                                          

That boy in the story reminds of how opposite I am. Sometimes I'm quite a spoiled kid and I whine about how my clothes are second-handed, cheap, and I'm still wearing them from fourth grade. But this piece reminded me that I'm lucky and that my life isn't as hard as his. Even if I do have depression and anxiety, I can live a near to normal life without constant worry of being unable to support myself, like him. Everyone should be grateful for what they have. So what if you don't have Uggs. Or Abercrombie clothes. No one is going to pay close attention to every single detail of you.