Review on "Farewell" | Teen Ink

Review on "Farewell"

February 2, 2016
By hashtagmarshmallow SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
hashtagmarshmallow SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Mistakes are pinful when they happen, but years later a collection of mistakes is what is called experience"


     The piece that I am reviewing is "Farewell" by Maya Vyas. This is a fiction piece about something very near and dear to Maya. This story starts off so sweet. It talks about a thing that means the world to her. Her phone. She wrote about how she was getting an upgrade for her phone. This means that the old one will become inactive and she'll get a new one. She writes about all of the good times she's had with her phone. How it's been so useful to her. She wrote this in such a clever way.

     She didn't just write I'm going to miss my phone, she personified it. She made it sound like a human and it was so sweet. "I miss the song you sung to me." This is one of my favorite lines because it's something a human and a phone could do.

     She did a brilliant job with this writing and I liked it very much. I like this story so relevant to teenagers today. Everyone at some point gets a phone upgrade and this shows what you go through. It was also very humorous when I found out it was a phone. I loved this piece very much and enjoyed reading it.