Feedback On Star Trek Review | Teen Ink

Feedback On Star Trek Review

March 3, 2016
By skyvex1 SILVER, New York City, New York
skyvex1 SILVER, New York City, New York
8 articles 1 photo 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There's always a price for what you want"- Steve Perry


The article was very descriptive in summarizing perfectly what the plot of Star Trek is about, without making it too complicated with the subplots and story arcs that it has or  focusing on big, shocking events like Spock's death. You told the character's personalities perfectly, with no spoilers but detailed simplicity. Also you mentioned every technical element of the show without dragging on like some fandoms do. You could work on describing how the show makes "all the technology seem real" and how the music I is catchy and creative. I know that the original Star Trek composed their own music, so you can include that. Also you could describe how the writers of the show make the story so intriguing and not make it another typical space show. What makes the show's writing unique from the other tv shows of the 60s? And what makes it unique from shows similar to it like Star Wars? 

 

Overall ll it was a well written article missing a few elements of telling but not saying how. I'm glad and surprised to see a show from about 4 decades ago be reviewed and published. 


The author's comments:

I've been watching the original Star Trek ever since I was 5, and I was a big fan of its mix of comedy, action, mysterious plot lines where you just couldn't wait to see the next episode, and the unique but not overly complicated characters they created. I remember watching one episode where Spock loses his memory and another episode where Spock has to fight Captain Kirk that left me holding my breath. The show's called for real nerds compared to Star Wars because it's more scientific than adventurous and action packed Star Wars, but nevertheless, I enjoy it.