The Monster | Teen Ink

The Monster

By ashleybarnett BRONZE, WILMINGTON, Delaware
ashleybarnett BRONZE, WILMINGTON, Delaware

I was reading the article "The Monster" by Megan W. and it brought tears to my eyes. This article impacted me in so many ways. It brought into light the feelings that Megan had when this happened to her and that she's not the only one who feels this way or has been sexually assaulted. Although I've never experienced  such a horrible thing, i feel that i really connected to her. I know how it fells to not be able to talk to people about traumatic experiences. I went through a very rough point in my life and i had no where to go or anyone to turn to, I was totally alone. I felt as if i was trapped in a box. I finally told my friends what had happened and they were very supporting and helped me. I felt as if all the weight was lifted off my shoulders, they've been there for me ever since. This article made me realize how hard it is to have no one believe you and how hard it is to have no one to talk to when you need help.

megan_lynne GOLD, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"You have no control who lives, who dies, who tells your story."

hi! this is actually megan! reading this brought tears to my eyes....thank you for saying such empathetic, kind things. you've touched my heart. all the love in the world