Feedback: "Running to Recovery" | Teen Ink

Feedback: "Running to Recovery"

By Tmelendez BRONZE, Tyngsboro , Massachusetts
Tmelendez BRONZE, Tyngsboro , Massachusetts

“Running to Recovery” by Jennifer S. I thought that this story was a touching story and I have been through the same thing but a little different.  I strongly agree on how difficult it is to recover from things like this and Jennifer’s quote was chilling to read as I was shocked on how inspiring it was.  “On August 16 I woke up that same middle school girl but by the end of the day excruciating pain.”  The story made me realize how one day you can be fine and then the next be in bad shape or have a life changing day and to appreciate everyday.  When Jennifer came back from her injury I had a smile on my face and that recovery can take a very long time and you need patience. This story made me think back to when I broke my leg and wasn’t able to play soccer at a big game.  I had to take recovery classes, which took 4 to 6 month’s to do and the recovery process had me less confident in myself.  In the times I was almost done with recovery, I still couldn’t play soccer for a while, but it didn’t stop me.  I kept positive the entire time and always stayed positive.