Written Like a Pro | Teen Ink

Written Like a Pro

By karinagurevich PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York
karinagurevich PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York

The memoir "Written Like a Pro," by Icarus caught my attention very quickly. I read the first sentence, "I have a condition," and was instantly hooked. What condition? Was it an epidemic? Maybe an illness? No. It was procrastination.

This disease spreads across teens and adults alike, holding them in a vice-like grasp and never letting go. I found myself relating to every perfect crafted sentence written in the piece, laughing at the irony and also impressed by the plethora of quotes supporting Icarus's view. This memoir was a refreshing, hilarious, and engaging break from all of the melancholy articles published in Teen Ink every month.

While reading, I started to wonder if Icarus actually procrastinated while writing this piece, although it was "Written Like a Pro." I agree that "Procrastination is an art form" and like them and the many teenagers out there, I am proud of and always will be a "pro."

addictwithapen PLATINUM, Norfolk, Virginia

"I'm at it again as an addict with a pen." - twenty one pilots, addict with a pen

Hey, this is Icarus, and I'm so glad you enjoyed my article! In answer to your question, I did indeed procrastinate while writing it. This was written for my English class, and the original title was "I Wrote This Essay the Day Before it Was Due" because, well, I did. Teen Ink changed it to "Written Like a Pro", which I don't mind because it's a good title. Again, I'm so thrilled that you liked my writing, and thank you for taking the time to write a review!