Letter to the Editor: "An Open Letter to Climate Change Deniers" by Jamie M | Teen Ink

Letter to the Editor: "An Open Letter to Climate Change Deniers" by Jamie M

By GalacticGlitterMen GOLD, Brooklyn, NY, New York
GalacticGlitterMen GOLD, Brooklyn, NY, New York

“An Open Letter to Climate Change Deniers” by Jamie M. is an intense piece that fiercely debunks denial of climate change. When I saw the title, I knew that I would agree with the message. Jamie addresses the corrupt politicians who deny climate change in favor of their own agenda, telling them to accept that humans have a role in climate change and to do what they can to stop it. For example, Jamie writes: “Time is running out. Soon it will be too late and the damage of climate change will be irreversible… Tell me, what will your political career and fortune thanks to your oil buddies mean then?”

Jamie’s piece sends an important message. It takes apart the schemes that deniers use for their own benefits, revealing how they harm us all. Jamie writes: “But you don’t seem to care. Right now, you aren’t looking beyond your next paycheck. It’s not too late for you to change though.” When you put short-term gains before the prevention of enormous long-term losses, you betray your own people. Dear climate-change deniers: you can’t keep denying it forever.