Feedback on Buzz Off | Teen Ink

Feedback on Buzz Off

September 23, 2017
By rational_lion BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
rational_lion BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong." - literally every caption about Murphy's Law on the internet


I've always been intimidated by long pieces of writing; ones that take up entire pages with small printed letters. So when I saw a short story at the bottom of one of the first few pages of Teen Ink's September issue, I was instantly intigued. "Buzz Off" by Jenna Marther instantly caught my eye with a quoted sentence in bold: "Chicken Bee will be an Internet sensation." Now that's not something you see everyday. It is a lovely short story about a snippet of Jenna's camping trip in Montana, where she was able to catch a video of a bee eating a piece of chicken.

I found "Buzz Off" to be a rather cute and silly kind of story, and I would love to read more like it. It's short, sweet, simple, and about a bee. What else could I ask for? It also really shows some of the remarkable acts that you can find when you're outdoors. Apparently Jenna didn't even know that bees were carnivorous! And quite frankly, neither did I. I would definitely recommend reading "Buzz Off." It would only take you about five minutes. One minute to actually read the text, and the next four gushing over Chicken Bee.