Writing on You | Teen Ink

Writing on You

February 9, 2018
By MoisesGonzo01 SILVER, Glendale, Arizona
MoisesGonzo01 SILVER, Glendale, Arizona
6 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
You'll regret not taking the risk.


I wholeheartedly see the pain and endorsement that Brookelyn Mayfield weaved so perfectly into her article. It is absolutely incredible how you as the reader can, in the end, relate profoundly to the feelings felt throughout the article. The way that she used her back as the barrier of the relationship shows how the character was a victim of mistrust. Because of that barrier, she lost everything that she could have ever wanted “I love you’ were the three words I wish you never traced on my back, as we never talked again…” We have lost all lost an opportunity because of our fears of being hurt or let down. But what seems worse than being hurt is losing the chance of having something that would have changed your life for the good. What was a real heart stabber was how Brookelyn ended it with “I wish I could say there’s a happy ending, I’d be lying This just shows to the reader how we ourselves at times can be our own villain in our fairytale. Thank you, Brooklyn, for sharing with all of us a masterpiece of a story. I don’t know how you could have gone through doing it but I’m glad you did.