The Many Faces of Me | Teen Ink

The Many Faces of Me MAG

By Anonymous

     Some call me quiet. Some call me loud. Some call me goth. Some call me punk. Some call me cruel. Some call me gentle. Many call me weird. Few call me sane.

I like the color black, so does that mean that I cut myself? I don’t wear pink, so does that mean I’m depressed? I wear heavy eyeliner, so does that make me emo?

People are too quick to judge. And I admit, I judge too - it’s human nature, and humans aren’t perfect. But it’s ironic how everyone says, “Oh, I don’t judge people,” and the next thing you know they’re whispering about the boy who dyed his hair green. I’m not saying that everyone’s like that, because I know some who don’t care how I look. And they’re true friends.

I love spending money on things other than clothes. I prefer to buy video games or CDs. So what does that make me? I also like writing dark poetry.

I believe everyone has a mask that covers their true thoughts. The prep wants to be punk. The punk wants to be known. The jock wants to do something other than sports. Shy people wish they could be bold.

Everyone has faces. They’re all a little bit of everything. I have a preppy face. I have a goth face. I have a jock face. I have a nerd face. I have a weird face. I can be whomever I feel like being. And I feel like being me.

So my many faces show. I can be obnoxious, and I can be reserved. Everyone has different faces, so we should realize that everyone has different sides.

Try to bridge the gap between the popular kids and the nerds. Try to bridge the gap that separates the preps and goths. So then, the many faces can be shown, including the many faces of me.