Islam and Terrorism | Teen Ink

Islam and Terrorism MAG

Why do people judge Muslims by what they hear on the news? You misjudge the Islamic people if you believe that every Muslim is a terrorist. We in the U.S. might as well call ourselves terrorists because our country is unintentionally terrorizing Iraq through war.

A recent protest against Muslims during the Six Flags Over Texas Muslim Family Day was pointless. I found that it was offensive and, trust me, I know how it feels to be unjustly hated. As I pulled into the Six Flags entrance, I could see protesters with signs that cut my heart in two. One said, “We don’t want Six Flags Over Terrorism.” Imagine seeing people like these protesting your religion.

Yes, I’ll admit that there are a small number of Muslims who are terrorists, but that doesn’t make every single one a terrorist. Probably about 99 percent of the Muslim population is against terrorism and war. The Muslim people have the same opinions as most Americans. Osama bin Laden does not represent the Muslims in the world – just his feelings and those of his group.

Since the 9/11 attacks, my life has completely changed. People at school started looking at me differently and spitting rude comments at me. Terrorism changed the lives of not only me but everyone in America. It made people sad, mad, and in my case, shocked. Most Muslims would never have even thought of doing something like the 9/11 attacks, but Osama bin Laden introduced it to the world. I am completely against terrorism and war, but many people don’t see that side of me and the Muslims around me.

Someone who takes part in terrorism is not a true Muslim. Terrorism is a crime against humanity. Islam is a religion that means “peace.” In the Koran, the Holy Book of Islam, God commands believers to bring peace and security to the world. “The Islamic morality is the cure for terrorism, not the source of it,” states the book Islam Denounces Terrorism. If this weren’t completely true, I wouldn’t be writing this piece. More Muslims need to speak out to the world in order to change people’s views. The false statements about Muslims and terrorism on television also need to end.

If you knew what it was like to be in my shoes after the 9/11 attacks, you would never make rude comments about Muslims. If you knew how it felt to be hated when you are innocent, then I wouldn’t have to write this article.

Dee Jay said...
I Love this article, much respect for you sister!

khattak said...
khattak,
they are not muslims ,they just misrepresent Islam.Islam is religion of peace.there is no violation in Islam.

Juarioats said...
Juarioats, Melbourne, Other

Creativity is what helps me escape a lot of my inner demons. ~ DEMI LOVATO

I'm so proud of you! Many people are too afraid to speak up when it comes to Islam and Muslims and how mistreated we are. 9/11 is NO EXCUSE!! They cannot call themselves muslim...and go and harm INNOCENT humans. Just because they claim to be doing this in the name of islam, doesnt mean it is. If i went on a killing spree and claimed to be killing people in the name of Jesus, the whole of Christianity wouldnt be blamed for my wrong doings, right? Then why should muslims?

Following my own exploration, billions of people all over the world get the loan from well known creditors. Therefore, there is good possibilities to find a secured loan in any country.

sonJaNae said...
sonJaNae, Fort Wainwright, Alaska

"No one can change a person, but someone can be a person's reason to change" -Spongebob Squarepants

Thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU for writing this! I myself am not a Muslim, but my boyfriend is and people not only judge and mistreat him, but because I support him 100% everyone seems to think there's somethign wrong with me. The first question I'm often asked when someone finds out about his religion is "don't they beat their wives?" and the second is, "Do you not remember 9/11 or something?" People are hurtful, and they don't know what they're talking about when they say Muslims are terrorists. They're not! In fact, my boyfriend has been active in anti-terrorism acts!! I really hope that this article is an eye opener for many people!

justcoker BRONZE, Hyattsville, Maryland

The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands dirty

Thanks you so much, I'm Muslim and this article made me cry. I can't even put into words how much this means to me, so much has been done to me and people just ignore it. I'm happy that a non-Muslim is willing to take a stand, I'm happy is ANYONE takes a stand. You are very lovely dear

favors1234 said...
favors1234, Middletown, New York
Thank you for writing this. I am Muslim as well and I live in America. I've had girls say things like "do her parents have bombs at their house?", because they openly know I am. I wanted to write a post about Islam and this inspired me. You're also a good writer, mashallah . (:

Amen to that!

:)

XXXXXXXX said...
XXXXXXXX, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Um...YES. It's refreshing to hear someone with this opinion. I was so shocked to hear about the religious organization in the U.S. that threatened to burn the Koran. What were they thinking? It actually caused some violent backlash in the middle-east. Hopefully America will begin to view things from your perspective.

Mistraven GOLD said...
Mistraven GOLD, Brookton, Maine

Divine help me, I'm An Athenian In a school of Spartans!

Although I cannot understand fully what it is like for muslims in this matter, but I do know how it feels to be persecuted for your beleifs.

FancyFarrah said...
I am from America and I am white, but I completely agree with you. I do not hate any of the religions of the world, just the extremist. Although I do feel like people around the world hate Americans... I don't know why. But I am 16 and I hope that our generation can come together and forget about hate, and prejudice, and rule the world on love and friendship not greed and war.

ilove2read124 GOLD, Dix Hills, New York
hey!me too!im muslim and did you see this?this person wrote something about your article =] TeenInk.com/hot_topics/letters_to_the_editor/article/55903/Islam-and-Terrorism/

whyshouldIlove SILVER, Algiers, Other

Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead. Benjamin Franklin

OMG!! you wrote exactely what is on my mind, I'm muslim 2 and totally agree with what you think, a lot of muslims are hiding their religion in front of the rest of the world and they should obviously not do so! your article is one of the best! can u please check out my article "what do you know about algeria?" B/C its also talking about terrorism in this country, My country :D

PaloVerde1 GOLD, Las Vegas, Nevada

"Years later, I look back and thing what the hell I was doing."

I am Italian, so I cannot really agree on a personal level, but one of my close friends is a Muslim and he is continuously looked at very strangely when he competes in sporting events and acedemic competitions. I just think that people care WAY too much on how people look and where they're from, then who they really are on the inside. But, hey, nice piece. You're a talented writer.

Mydadsmuslim said...
i agree man my dads muslim too

sharpquill said...
You are so right. I am Muslim as well, and the comments and prejudice against Islam in general just make me sick. YOu hit the nail on the head here and made some very good points. Write on!!