Why Is My Religion So Wrong | Teen Ink

Why Is My Religion So Wrong

By jamaicanprincess BRONZE, New Castle, Delaware
jamaicanprincess BRONZE, New Castle, Delaware

control your life and do what you wanna do

As a child in a public school, I always wondered why I could not say “Merry Christmas”. One teacher said, “Honey not everyone celebrates Christmas so it can offend people and hurt other people feelings”. Nevertheless, we could sing “The Dreidel Song” at the winter (not Christmas) concert.
Then I did not understand, but now I realize how Christianity is now a religion that most people won’t tolerate. However, people every other religion and spiritual concept can openly express their views. My friend often said that “we must upset the majority to please the minority”. Now I’m not saying that we should be completely intolerant people ignorant of other cultures, however, we as Christians should be able to express our religion without scrutiny.
For instance, once I brought my Bible to school to read in my free time, and my teacher said I could not read it because it “disturbs the peace” however it’s ok for another student to bring pornography to school, or another student to put spells on other students. I don’t get the standard, nor should I say double standard in the tolerance level of these behaviors.
Why is it suddenly wrong to display someone’s faith in God? Christianity was a big foundation for founding this country, since when is it shameful for people to show it. We talk about persecuted Muslims in America (which is true) and abused women (which is VERY important). However, why do we ignore one of the most obvious problems in society? All I want is the same treatment that everyone else gets. My Muslim friends could agree with me, my Hindu friends can agree with me and my Christian friends could agree with me, we need equality.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

I completely agree, but maybe you could try editing a little more and seperating this into paragraphs. It will be easier to read and get more attention. But 5 stars anyways!! :)

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

I'm a Christian and I completely agree. I don't believe the majority of religions are correct, but at the same time our Constitution gives people of EVERY religion freedom to worship their own way and their unless it endangers someone there should never be an exception. Great job!

mimibby SILVER said...
mimibby SILVER, Boston, Massachusetts

sticks n stones my brack my bones but words cant

this poem touched me because i am a Muslim

aly-mack10 said...
i like this and totally agree with you.

polyprincess16 SILVER, Tracy, California

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

I feel you. i'm mormon and sometimes get teased for my beliefs, but just continue on with a smile!