Kasab- A Hero | Teen Ink

Kasab- A Hero

About Kasab: Kasab, a Pakistani terrorist, exited this world as stealthily as he had entered Mumbai, India four years ago. He was hanged to death at 7:30am on Wednesday 21 November 2012. Asked for his last wish, he said: "Gharwalon ko milna hai (I want to see my family members)" And his last words were:"Allah kasam maaf karna. Aisi galti dobara nahi hogi (Forgive me God. This mistake will not be repeated ever again.)" The Indian president rejected his mercy plea.
Just one night before, he was cool and singing songs. Next morning, he woke up, read Quran, and then he was declared medically fit to be hanged, by the doctors. He was nervous . This operation was a top secret. No one knew about it until its completion. Until he was dead. Not even the Prime Minister.

I am a Hindu-Indian girl. In India, Hindus are not very fond of Muslims. And I should mention, Kasab was a Pakistani Muslim. Everybody knows about the rivalries of Pakistan and India. I don’t hate Muslims. But I do believe that some of them are way more violent than Hindus. No, I’m not a racist, but what’s true is true. I have many Muslim friends and I love them. They’re all friendly and non-violent.

The reason I am writing this article is to defend Kasab. Sure, he was a sinner, he took lives and destroyed families. He did a mistake. Or many mistakes. But at the end of the day, he’s just a human. I think he should have been given one more chance by us. By the Indians. I am not going against the Government . Because I can’t. I respect it, because I have to. You know, India is the largest democracy in the world. Sounds cool, right? But no one has actually seen its dark side. Its just so-called Freedom Of Expression. If I write my thoughts on ‘’What’s On Your Mind?” on facebook, I might get arrested.

So the thing is, a human doesn’t get to choose a human’s fate. No human can decide who should die or who should not. We are all humans, we all have souls. And our souls are pure. They’re not ‘stained’ or anything. They’re just pure. I believe in God. I don’t believe in Rama, Krishna, Lakshmi or Jesus or Allah. I just believe in God. I think he exists. I think he is The Higher Power. I think he is the one to decide our fate, our luck, our death or our life. Just Him. No one else. And definitely not us. I know that Ajamal Kasab was not right but I do call him a hero. People say that he was a ‘terrorist’ mainly because he attacked Taj and because he was a Pakistani. But India, herself killed about 1 million innocent Muslims during the Partition. Who’s the real ‘terrorist’ now? So yes, he was a real hero.

In his last words Kasab said that he would never repeat that mistake again. He wasn’t trying to save himself from Death or anything. He was just apologizing. To God. He knew he couldn’t escape Death. No one can. No one lies about themselves when they’re sure they’re about to die. And he didn’t die, but we killed him. I say, we shouldn’t have killed him. We, Indians should not have killed Kasab, a Pakistani. Because all he needed was a chance. A fair chance to prove himself that he could improve. Of course, it was very dangerous to free him. Because we didn’t know what he would have done if we had freed him. And I don’t say that, either. I just say that everybody should get a chance. For it’s the Higher Power who gets to decide our fate, our luck, our death or our life.

This article is about the 26/11 attacks in Mumbai, India on The Taj Hotel. To be a bit specific, its about Ajmal Kasab, one of the attackers. He was the only one to be caught by the police. His other gang-members fled.

CookieMonster24 PLATINUM, Delhi, Other
And dang, I forgot to mention this one, believe it or not, I sure would have considered forgiveness, even if it was one of my beloved ones. What I have wriiten is totally a different perspective from yours. From what I can see, you're talking about the law and nationalites ( and I do not say you're wrong, by the way) and I'm talking about moral values and humanity. 

CookieMonster24 PLATINUM, Delhi, Other
And oh, yes, indeed. Some of them got killed and some really did flee back to Pakistan. 

CookieMonster24 PLATINUM, Delhi, Other
Its just a piece of my philosophy. I strongly believe in forgiveness. I know, what happened was something nobody deserves. And I realize how impactful it was and that it can't be reversed. But I would've liked one more chance. I know, its not law, but its just the way I think. When he was finally dead, we Indians were bursting crackers, and celebrating. I mean, what awful human beings we are. We're just pathetic. Pathetic. 
At that moment, all I could really think about was, Ajmal's parents. Thanks for your time.

compassion GOLD, Nowhere, Other

Expect to have hope rekindled,expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways! The dry seasons in life do not last,the spring rains will come again.

Victims*  

compassion GOLD, Nowhere, Other

Also, are you sure that his other gang members 'fled' ? All the reports read that he alone was captured alive.

compassion GOLD, Nowhere, Other

Can you say this very same thing if it was one of your family members among the 166 dead vicatims or one among the 308 wounded?? Brining the diferent nations wont help your point of view. I am sure india would have hung him even if he was indian itself. It was the crime that he commited that led him to the death penality not necessarily his different nationality.

KrisNoe GOLD said...
KrisNoe GOLD, Mayfield, Kentucky

Don't pay no mind to the demons. They fill you with fear.
- Phillip Phillips

vry well written i lik how u have brought this to the light

CookieMonster24 PLATINUM, Delhi, Other
Hey, are you sure you read it??

AmieeHope-Sierra GOLD, Royston, Georgia

And There Will Come A Time, You'll See, With No More Tears. And Love Will Not Break Your Heart, But Dismiss Your Fears.

Wow!! I loved this so much. You did a great job not getting off topic and it wasn't all over the place. XD

CookieMonster24 PLATINUM, Delhi, Other
Okay, LOL. 

BlackNether12, San Ignacio, Other

Try for the utmost, because you're worth no less - Jeremiah Ludwig.

You have to be medically fit to be hung? I like your style. You have a good point, valid, and something that isn't considered enough these days. I do not know much about eastern things though, so I will not say any more.

CookieMonster24 PLATINUM, Delhi, Other
Thank you! ...Actually I was confused about 'hanged' too. I copied the 'About Kasab' part from a newspaper, so...And it was 'hanged' there. Maybe its a British thing?

BlackNether12, San Ignacio, Other

Very well written. But people are hung, not hanged. According to christianity a man can be forgiven of his sins if he repents and accepts the lord. I think you have an important point.  

CookieMonster24 PLATINUM, Delhi, Other
Hey! Thanks for reading it Bookworm! Love you!

CookieMonster24 PLATINUM, Delhi, Other

bookworm1999 BRONZE, Arad, Other
1 article 1 photo 9 comments

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened :D - Author.... IDK.

Very interesting veiw point :P Well, written :P

CookieMonster24 PLATINUM, Delhi, Other
Really? Thank you SO much. You know, that means a LOT to me <3

wordtea GOLD said...
wordtea GOLD, Delhi, Other

'All men shall die.'- A Clash of Kings
'We accept the love we think we deserve.'- The Perks of Being a Wallflower
'Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are.'- The Book Thief

awesomely written.. i m not a kasab supporter bt after reading ur article, i guess my thinking has kinda changed.. maybe?

CookieMonster24 PLATINUM, Delhi, Other
Haha! :D Thank you! ...<3

ForeverMystery GOLD, Toronto, Other

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Impressive.....Now i agree with you and i think that maybe he was really a hero.....And after all my idol is Osama Bin Laden, who WAS also a terrorist.