Posing Emo | Teen Ink

Posing Emo

August 14, 2008
By ~Wolf-Woman~ PLATINUM, Carthage, Missouri
~Wolf-Woman~ PLATINUM, Carthage, Missouri
24 articles 10 photos 31 comments

High school is full of cliques, quirks, and different styles. Teens around the whole world have their own look which defines who they are. Some create their own, while some steal fashion trends from others. The “emo” look is a raging fashion trend all over the States. Madeline from Missouri, Erin from Texas, and Izzy from Pennsylvania have noticed the style spreading across the globe, even to where they live.
“It’s all brought to you possible by Hot Topic,” Sam replied.
Hot Topic, Spencers, and other similar clothing stores, is what started the whole up roar of posing as Emo. These stocking up in that adorable line of clothing is to blame. If you have any personal interest in the Emo style just go to one of the stores mentioned above.
Where have all the Emo’s gone? Now -- a- days the world is made up of posers trying to look “hot” in the Emo clothing. Is dressing up like that even worth the time? Will it gain the fellows a lady?
“No, not in any way,” Megan said when asked if the Emo style is flattering on guys.
Others may disagree. Take Erin for example.
“It’s attractive on some,” Erin said.
I will leave the decision up to you if you wish to dress in Emo clothing. Some might be turned on by it and others might not be.
Some have noticed even their own friends turning into posers. Sam’s friend dyed her hair a unnatural color and swapped her clothing style.
“You just know it when they are posing and not the real thing,” Sam said.
Skinny jeans, slim fitting tees, fingerless gloves, dark makeup, flat swept banged hair on guys,” Sam said, when asked what clothing type comes to mind when hearing the word Emo.
When not posing as an Emo, people are stereotyped into the category as the “emotional type”. Do you consider wearing black, dark makeup, and sporting a dark hair color makes you Emo?
When asked Madeline answered “yes”.
I was personally stereotyped as Emo when I chopped off all my hair short into a pixie cut, and dyed it a black.
Does the awesome fashion sense make the Emo, or is it how they act, feel, put together with the fashion sense?
“It’s how they act and feel that makes them what they are, Emo,” said Emma.
People need to stop the posing and the stereotyping. You need to learn how to feel comfortable in your own skin and just be yourself. Don’t go all Emo or any other just to be cool or to fit in. It’s just going to backfire in your face.
Where have all the Emo’s gone? Is the world only just full of posers and gothic, and punk stereotyped as Emo?