Equality: The True Meaning | Teen Ink

Equality: The True Meaning

By NoahFry BRONZE, Puryear, Tennessee
NoahFry BRONZE, Puryear, Tennessee

"The one who never tries, Is the one who will never succeed" "Give it all you have and hope for the best"

Equality what does that word mean? Equality is a big word, with lots of meaning. Equality is treating people equal, not judging someone, and giving someone of a different ethnicity or culture the same freedom, and opportunities that everyone and everybody has. A quote from Coach Boone from an inspiring movie ignites this discussion very well.

“50,000 men died fighting the same fight we fight today. During the fight the green grass painted red, with the boiling and bubbling of hot, fresh blood, while hot lead pierced through young men’s bodies. You don’t have to like a man but give him the same respect, freedom, and opportunities he deserves and earns.”

We need to stop living in a world filled with immature, childish fighting, especially not the same fight that men gave their lives for 150 years ago. Another favorite quote of mine comes from the all-known and world famous Gettysburg Address. It is so sincere to this thought and very broad and bold, and also very true about how we still act toward Equality.

“It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work, which they who fought here have thus far nobly advanced.”

-Abraham Lincoln

The Gettysburg Address

We need to commit, be dedicated, and set forth effort to show respect, no matter of race or beliefs. We need to show that we can and will be united, proudly together, and show Equality to everyone. A quote out of the I Have A Dream Speech by Martin Luther King Jr. goes like this.

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”

-Martin Luther King Jr.

I Have a Dream Speech

We need to show, have, and acknowledge peace and Equality; these two things go a long way in life, and go hand in hand with each other. Together we can end this battle, and give, show, and acknowledge peace and Equality. We can help end this war that so many men have died for. The best part is no one has to die, like they have before and like they have in the past. No one should have to die anyways, period. If Equality was more clearly and thoughtfully understood and carried out by more people who understand it clearly, we could end this crisis, this pain, this war, the evil, and the treacherous unbarring harm, and then maybe just maybe we could have some peace, dignity, friendship, and love in this great world we share together, today, and as a whole. It would be nice to end an exhausting, unforgotten, and tiresome war. Not one, not two, not three, and not even four people can help end this war and battle we face. We have to come together as a whole to help spread and give Equality to everyone. This nation is talked of as freedom, Liberty, Equality, and peace but in reality we can’t “practice what we promote,” “practice what we preach,” or “sell what we advertise.” Our world has fallen, fallen apart, and washed down the drain, just because we show not even the slightest concern or effort of giving, sharing, and enforcing Equality. We the people are spoiled by what we are handed in life and in the world. If we were more considerate, thankful, and grateful for what we have and what we have and get handed to us, then maybe, we as a whole can find Peace, Liberty, Tranquility, Heart, Love, and Equality. Not towards just a couple of people, but to our friends, loved ones, community, state, country, nation, continent, and our whole wild world. If we all chip in, who knows what we can and will accomplish and what might become of this vast, amazing, wonderful, beautiful, and free, world we live in today. Together, as a whole, we can accomplish anything. We can do this by taking time, being nice, kind, and generous to each other, and showing pride, Liberty, and Equality. We can end this long fought war, come together as a whole, and show more equality than ever before. The world is full of magnificent opportunities. Let other people have the rights, respect, integrity, and Equality to venture and see these magnificent opportunities. What is it going to or what would it hurt to give new ideas to the world, Equality being that idea to share and give, Show Equality no matter who the person is, friend, family, enemy, or someone you bump into while out in public or at home. No matter where you’re at, home, school, work, or public. One day showing some care, peace, Liberty, and Equality will land you somewhere far in life or even in your future. It’s up to you to decide whether to give or not give Equality. Take some time to acknowledge someone and show some Equality, care, peace, Liberty, love, and heart. Help start the new trend of showing these things to everyone. Now, GO SHOW EQUALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was an assignment, I just wrote what I thought, My teacher thought it was so good thst I should try and get it Published in the magizine so thats what im doing.