Gay Marriage | Teen Ink

Gay Marriage

November 6, 2014
By corybarton BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas
corybarton BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"YO MAMA"


I have heard of many uproars and downfalls of just a relationship. But a relationship and a marriage are two different things, and at that gay marriages and gay relationships are way different.in this paragraph I will talk about fantasy relationships. They can be beautiful and bliss, like in the fantasy tale of Cinderella. Full of love and truth and being faithful. Or like the story of Rapunzel. They always have a happy endings.


Now In this paragraph I will talk about fantasy marriages. There are some stories where the marriages go perfectly, from the reception to the day they start pushing daisies. These story characters include snow white’s parents and sleeping beauties parents. They have a baby and the baby grows up, sometimes after they die their baby may grow and have troubles of their own.


Next, I will talk about gay relationships. People frown upon them and think they have some chemical imbalance in their brain, but the fact of the matter is, is that they like who their body wants them to like. It’s not like you choose who you fall in love with, do you? I sometimes find it funny to listen to people say that science proves this and that but science STILL doesn’t know why you fall in love with who you do other than the fact they set off a hormone your body is attracted to.


Now, on to gay marriage. People frown upon this even more. I think it dates back to the biblical times, where the bible says, “Man shall not lie with man.” ¬-Matthew 10:14–15. But I think it is because there are more men than woman and many men are afraid to be alone. Here is the thing, the bible never once said that man shall not marry man.


Now, time to go to the REAL marriages and relationships. They can be full of love, humor, lust, laughter, horror, and hate. Many people say hate is a powerful word, but really it is a powerful action.


A hate action can be as cruel as saying, “shut up tubby” to you friend asking the simple question of, “does this make me look fat?” and all it takes is for you to say, “it makes you look gigantic!” and that can be the end of a relationship and you might not see that friend again.


Relationships are never perfect like fairy tales make it seem. In conclusion of this writing prompt essay for my teacher, Mr. Super, I think that the gay marriage concept is completely okay. The way I see the concept of gay marriage is a wonderful idea. It is finally being legalized in certain parts of the United States. I think this would be the generation to reflect back on in my life and hopefully tell my grandchildren and children, imagining kids asking me about the problems with gay marriages for their essays their doing, like me.


The author's comments:

this has back and forth concepts