The Battle of Perspective | Teen Ink

The Battle of Perspective

By Jayphin SILVER, Wilmigton, Delaware
Jayphin SILVER, Wilmigton, Delaware

Everybody has an opinion, tragically we do not all agree. We are all in the ultimate battle, the battle f perspective. From racial views to life style, and of course appearance cannot be missed. Everyone has a different perspective for each one. Apparently society is the battlefield and the perspective is your enemy.

I cannot recognize weather we just want to put our opinions out there, or if we are trying to show who is better and who is worst. Maybe if us humans were not so arrogant we probably would of not have to deal with this absurd situation.

This battle is why bulling exist. Everybody’s judgment and points of view instigates bulling. The way someone should look and be is always something to talk about.  For example the protocol for a girl should be thin and curvy. I cannot comprehend why society does not understand the not every girl is blessed with a Jennifer Lopez or Beyoncé’s body. Also for a guy is  to look muscular and strong.

This battle has existed seen the beginning of time. As soon as you open your eyes to this world you are introduce to this battle. You do not initiate to fight with others and yourself until your conscious of your existence.. Right when you start saying your first words you become part of the battle. You can now express your opinions to this world.

When you are a little kid you perspective start out really innocent. It begins with who has better toys or crayons. When you are a little kid you want to have better toys to be accepted as the best. As the years go by the innocent starts to become scarce. Now you are a teenager, you no longer worried about crayons. You now care about what you wear, where you buy your cloth and how you look.

When you get older you realize that all does things you cared about were really foolish. Now you have different perspective for your life. You now care about your life style. You want to be the one with the best car and the best house. The years and peoples prejudice have made you really arrogant. You are so arrogant that you look at does around you in a low standard. Your perspective in life is if you did not achieve your ambition you are a mediocre and you forever will stay one. Apparently your foolishness has blind you and not made you realize that not everyone wants what you want, and that not everyone considers important what you considered prominent.

Let us talk about racial points of view. What is up with people being racist? Effectively there are different racial colors and life styles for each. For instance black people were looked as less than animals. Thankfully this world became a better place. Even though we progressed, there are some stupid stereotypes that were made to stay. An example of how people view other races is there life style. For example, Mexicans are always the targets of eating tacos everyday and dancing with a sombrero. They are the brown skins who work on the fields and came to America to take “American” peoples jobs away. Black people are always the ones that eat fry chicken and dance inappropriately.  They are apparently the one who are lazy and are always in trouble with the law. Maybe some might dance inappropriately or get in trouble with the law but they are not the only race that does it. Even though Whites were always on the top of the pyramid they are not save from the stereotypes and how other races view them. They are looked as emo skateboarders or fancy wine drinkers, does who listen to opera or orchestra. Asians are not the exception. Chinese people eat rice and Koreans are really intelligent.

I do not blame society of having does types of viewpoints towards these races, but I do blame them for not trying to end them.

Anyways this is my point of view and you do not necessarily need to agree with it.

This battle is the worst because we are attacking each other without a need.  I comprehend that we will never come into an agreement with each other’s perspective. One thing I know is that this battle will never end and in order to survive you must fight as it goes.