One nation, under [whatever doesnt offend you] | Teen Ink

One nation, under [whatever doesnt offend you]

December 8, 2008
By Anonymous

The chance of this paper being chosen is very slim. Not because of grammatical errors or lack of quality, but because its about Christianity.
Christians are constantly perceived as being closed minded and pushy. Honestly, people just expect us to mess up and call people out. We are forced to hide in the corner and be politically correct and not discuss Christ in a public setting. America is all about being accepting.”You’re Buddhist, Atheist, Muslim, you made up your own religion?? Great!!Woah, you're a Christian? Yeah...can you just keep that to yourself?" There’s nothing wrong with those people, I love them all and I’ll listen to what someone has to say all day. Its everyone else that's become close minded to Christians, because they've been hurt or simply don’t care to listen.
America is proud to be so diverse and accepting. Has everyone forgotten what this country was founded on? That our four fathers built this country on Christian principles? Why are biblical principles not allowed in schools and courtrooms when the men who built this country found them so critical? Why are forced to hide under political correctness until a crisis?
I'm not just upset with America, but also with the Christians who arnt stepping up, the ones jumping into the flow of liberalism and monoteny, the ones sitting back and watching our counrty throw away its true priority and purpose.