One nation, under [whatever doesnt offend you] | Teen Ink

One nation, under [whatever doesnt offend you]

The chance of this paper being chosen is very slim. Not because of grammatical errors or lack of quality, but because its about Christianity.
Christians are constantly perceived as being closed minded and pushy. Honestly, people just expect us to mess up and call people out. We are forced to hide in the corner and be politically correct and not discuss Christ in a public setting. America is all about being accepting.”You’re Buddhist, Atheist, Muslim, you made up your own religion?? Great!!Woah, you're a Christian? Yeah...can you just keep that to yourself?" There’s nothing wrong with those people, I love them all and I’ll listen to what someone has to say all day. Its everyone else that's become close minded to Christians, because they've been hurt or simply don’t care to listen.
America is proud to be so diverse and accepting. Has everyone forgotten what this country was founded on? That our four fathers built this country on Christian principles? Why are biblical principles not allowed in schools and courtrooms when the men who built this country found them so critical? Why are forced to hide under political correctness until a crisis?
I'm not just upset with America, but also with the Christians who arnt stepping up, the ones jumping into the flow of liberalism and monoteny, the ones sitting back and watching our counrty throw away its true priority and purpose.

Electricity PLATINUM, Bradenton, Florida
Christians need to be proud of their religion, and I think it's great this article (i phrased it wrong, but I'm not changing it, lol). I used to think it's us Atheists who were told not to say our religion, but I realize now that it's almost every religion. (Yeah, I'm Athsist, but I'm not a killer machine like most people think.) I love this article, I think it's really great. And I don't think Christians have a closed mind or are pushy. It's just another form of religion, and people need to get over it (not religion, but judging people for their religion). I think that if God is who you believe in, then SHOUT IT TO THE WORLD AND BE PROUD!!.... besides, most people believe in God, and as long as you believe in God, I think they're happy. Anyway, great article! 5 stars coming your way!

MangoLove said...
I do realize that people should not discriminate against christians, but you have to understand that around half of us have ancestors who were tortured and killed because they would not switch to chritianity. Either that, or they were forced to attend schools that punished them severely for speaking their native language when they didn't know any other. Christians have gained a very bad reputation indeed. It's only natural that people should feel the need to act coldly to them. And, think... have you ever done the same thing to people who are a different religion than you? Have you ever fought against something simply because it wasn't up to your religious standards? Check my article, Religious Tolerance, in Pride and Prejudice. It is on the front page right now in TeenInk Raw.

Weightless2015 GOLD, Roselle, Illinois

"Dream with my eyes open, sleep when I'm dead, love who my heart's chosen, and conquer what lies ahead." -Ryan Follese (lead singer of Hot Chelle Rae)

I totally agree with everyone, especially Author_of_Smoke

x0sammiii0x said...
While I, too, am a Christian I'm extremely proud of my country for being so accepting of the different groups and people that make up America(at the moment it may be one of the only things, besides the recent election of Barrack Obama, about America that I am so proud about). While I stay true to this, I do have to agree that sometimes the whole "Woah! Don't talk about God! It may offend people!" thing is a bit ridiculous. We are all free to beleive and say what we want and, honestly, almost everything could be offensive to a certain group, religion, type of person, etc.

I love this article. I am an eighteen year old college freshman and a Christian- I attend a liberal campus and it's amazing how many times the liberals shut down Christians like me. I also am part of the state with atheist signs in the capital building who were getting mad at us for saying the sign was unfair! Thank you for the article.

Anonymous said...
Thank you for saying this! I agree entirely. More Christians need to stand up and not just "accept" ideals that are incorrect.

Amen (or whatever doesn't offend you.) I read the first sentence and said, "Uh-oh." Then I finished reading it, my jaw hanging open. Bless you sir (or ma'am) and please continue to relate such thoughts.

By the way, I gave you 5 stars.