Patriots Pen: Why I Appreciate American Veterans? | Teen Ink

Patriots Pen: Why I Appreciate American Veterans?

May 26, 2015
By emenzel GOLD, Ho Ho Kus, New Jersey
emenzel GOLD, Ho Ho Kus, New Jersey
12 articles 3 photos 2 comments

In America we celebrate Veteran’s accomplishments throughout the year such as Independence day, Veteran’s Day, Memorial Day, and Labor Day.  Veterans are made up of the Army, Air Force, US Marine Corps and Navy and US Coast Guard.  These all make up the branches of our military.  Why I appreciate America’s Veterans is because they kept us safe, they risked their lives for us and they have many awesome characteristics.


America’s Veterans kept us safe when they were in war. Veteran’s fought for our freedom, as well as their own.  They fought so Americans would have rights.  American Veteran’s protect us by fighting for our country in order for us to sleep peacefully at night. As you can see, America’s Veterans have kept us safe in many ways.


Veterans who have served in the military risked their lives for American citizens. Veterans  fight and get hurt to protect us. They travel to dangerous places to help save others.  They risk their own lives to rescue other people.  Veterans protect us in multiple ways by risking their lives for Americans.         


Veterans have many preternatural characteristics.  One characteristic they have is bravery.  America’s Veterans are brave because they are not afraid to fight for what is right, even in life or death situations.  Another characteristic Veterans have is they are hardworking in the way they give 100% of themselves to their job in protecting America. The last characteristics Veterans have is that they are strong. America’s Veterans are able to do many things that ordinary people can not always do. For example, people in the military are able to hold their breath underwater for a long time as well as carry their heavy backpacks around for days.  Veterans have many unique characteristics that ordinary people do not possess.  


In conclusion Veterans have many things in common.  They have unique characteristics, risked their lives for us and save our country.  Without Veterans, America Would not be a safe place like it is today.  They have served in our country and did the best they can do to make our country safe.


The author's comments:

Respecting our veterans includes providing them the ways and means they so desperately need to reintegrate into our lives and serve us again as productive members of our civilian community.
Charles B. Rangel