Why Abuse a Child? | Teen Ink

Why Abuse a Child?

By 2brownI BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
2brownI BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana

Child abuse is never okay. A child can’t physically defend itself. No child should have to go through child abuse. What’s the point of abusing a child? Does it higher self-esteem? Yes, parents do have the right to put their hands on their own kids but not that far.

Every year over 2 million kids die or physically injured because of child abuse. 116,940 the children were ages from 0 to 6 years old. In March 2015,  In Hamilton County, a three year old girl died from blunt trauma to the head. It’s ridiculously sad how many cases they have this year when women let their boyfriends physically beat their kids.  The child was taken to the hospital before but her mom told the doctor “she just fell down the stairs.” If he brought her to the hospital, the doctors should've checked for old bruises. Tatiana was a bright child, it wasn't hard to spot bruises. The boyfriend brought her to the hospital but she was unconscious. How can she fall down stairs and be unconscious. It depends on what type of stairs she fell down but she fell down stairs with carpet, they weren't steel stairs. She didn't die until August.

However, the doctors didn’t, she could've still been alive if they would've just checked. They have many way stop change this, no matter what a child comes to the hospital for. The doctor should check the child whole body, interview the parents, get some trust with the child to see if he/she would talk to child protective services. 

Another chase in Denver, Colorado. The mom also let her boyfriend burn her child with Marijuana blunts. How can a mom sit there and let a man who just comes into the child life abuse him/her? No child, doesn't matter how bad they are, should have the feeling that they are less than a human.

Some parents grew up in that environment but beating on another child isn't going to change how the parents childhood was. They had so many kids out in the world afraid to speak up about being abused. No one will ever know whats going on behind closed doors.  The main reason because if that child can’t get help, then it will get worse. The children don’t have a voice against their parents. After the first abuse the kids loose all their confidence. Then they have kids they were taught what goes on in  this house, stays in this house.

Child abuse cases have been happening for a while now. Children loose their voice and esteem when it first happens. To make the issues even worse is, it’s mainly the young ones. They pick the young ones because they can’t fight back, and when they tell someone no one believes them. That’s one of the biggest issues, nobody should want to play about a child being abused.