Equality | Teen Ink

Equality

May 2, 2018
By brady3195535 BRONZE, Indialantic, Florida
brady3195535 BRONZE, Indialantic, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It’s not fair being treated badly,  it has no point and makes people feel bad. Equality should be followed according to the 16th amendment. Since this amendment was passed it has slowly  stopped being followed . Wouldn’t  you hate being a woman, doing the same job as men but not getting paid the same amount. Although colored people are treated right now, there are still people that use racism daily.


The 16th Amendment clearly states that all women should be treated equally. This meaning they get to vote in a presidential election, they get to do certain jobs that only men could do at the time. This also means the little things such as being treated correctly. This story also shows how much trouble people went through just to get this amendment passed. Women and colored people work hard too so they deserve to have the same freedoms as everybody else. “Women regardless of skin are to be treated as equals”.


Raymond’s Run is a great story of two siblings working together. Squeaky was a great runner, she always won. But she gave up all of her glory to teach her brother because she saw that he was really interested and really good at running. This is proof that if you give people with mental disabilities a chance they can surprise you. All they need is to be treated the same and get a chance to be normal like everybody else. “ All i have to do is mind my brother Raymond for he has an unfortunate curse”.


Being handicapped is a terrible disability  to have in life, you get looked at differently, treated differently- its terrible. They should be treated the same as other people because they are still the same and they can read and write using braille. Blind and deaf people can do just as good of a job, they just need a chance like everyone else. “Being blind, from birth you never have the choice to see yourself, but you shouldn’t be treated differently based on sights”. Blind people have more difficulty in life but that also means that they are more determined to do a task to prove to themselves and everyone else they can do it.


All of these things need to happen. If all people are treated the same not only would it make people happier but it would also give more people jobs, meaning more work gets done. Equality is a must, people are all people, we are all the same. We all deserve to be treated as equals no matter what the physical appearance may look like.