Body Shaming | Teen Ink

Body Shaming

Did you know that 78% of teens body shame?                    

It’s a shame how we all can’t get along. Did you also know 7 out of 10 teens comment suicide? This leads to suicidal thoughts, therapy, and bullying.

Most teens get suicidal thoughts.” Due to depression and stress they feel like there’s no way out of it” (Carla Davis).Usually when this problem occurs teens forget all the essentials they typically need for example food, water, and sleep. Also experts have encouraged teens to not body shame to prevent it from turning deadly.

Teens also use therapy if needed to cure them mentally or physically. Larsen Elizabeth Foy “Dangerously Strong”! Pointed out that bullies don’t know the complications of body shaming and what it can lead.

Body shaming is also a form of bullying.

Experts believe body shaming others has become a way to cope with their emotions (Gottlieb Lori).We all might have a better life if we all just communicate(Manresa Caleb).I can relate to her because I tend to do the same thing.

We all may have some differences sometimes, but if we communicate. As result of people not using words we harm each other. So next you in your feelings talk about it. It may just help you get through it.

this is an informational piece about body shaming and how it can affect people that are victims