Love Yourself | Teen Ink

Love Yourself

By Bagel04 GOLD, Kingsville, Texas
Bagel04 GOLD, Kingsville, Texas

" Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none" ~ William Shakespeare
" To be, or not to be: that is the question..." ~ William Shakespeare

Question: are you the kind of person ( girls particularly) who always has to look your very best? I was. I used to be that kind of girl, but I'm not anymore. Why? I'll tell you why.
  Honestly, I never felt comfortable with myself. Before I even stepped out of the house, I had to look good. Firstly, I hated my hair. And although I couldn't cut or dye it, I would try everything in my power to change it. I would style my hair almost everyday. It seemed like no matter what I did, I was never satisfied.
  Not only that, but I hated feeling...plain. I always had to wear earrings, necklaces, rings, and braclets. Crazy as it sounds, I never wore the same jewlery twice. *laughs* I said it was crazy.
More than anything, I hated the way I looked/felt in certain clothes. I literally have a closet full of clothes, but only wore half of the outfits. Either the outfit made me look fat, made my hips look too wide, or drew too much attention to my legs. It seemed like the only thing I could wear were loose-fitting T-shirts and sweats.
  It wasn't until I realized that God loves me for who I am, that I actually began to feel comfortable with myself. I'd come to realize that God made me the way I was meant to be. You may not believe it, but we're all special, unique, and wonderful in His eyes. And no matter how hard we strive for perfection, no one's perfect. So, be happy with yourself, because you are one in a million.

CompoundArcher GOLD, Broomfield, Colorado

"I Have Not Failed. I've Just Found 10, 000 Ways That Something Won't Work." Thomas Edison

"Surely this world-so beautifully diversified in its forms and motions-could not have arisen except from the perfectly free will of God, who provides and governs all things." Roger Cotes

"Don't doubt the Creator, because it is inconceivable that accidents alone could be the controller of this universe.'' Isaac Newton

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln

Of course!

Bagel04 GOLD said...
Bagel04 GOLD, Kingsville, Texas

Aw, that's so sweet! Thank you so much, CompoundArcher!

That was a great testimony! Yes, God loves us very much. He made you and me this way for a reason. We aren't here to please man, but to please God and to bring glory to His name! I am glad that you have realized that. I'll be praying for you! I don't know what you've been through, but I know it's ALL part of God's divine plan for you.\
Keep on keeping on, Bagel!

Bagel04 GOLD said...
Bagel04 GOLD, Kingsville, Texas

Thank you, @WolfWhisperer0911!

WolfWhisperer0911 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
@Bagel04 Amazing article Angel! You are very inspirational, I hope more people see your article.

Bagel04 GOLD said...
Bagel04 GOLD, Kingsville, Texas

Thank you for your comment, Dylan!

Dylan_Writes15 SILVER, Arvada, Colorado

"She would be brave. She would be heroic. She would make her own destiny." -- from Winter by Marissa Meyer

So good and true! God made us beautiful!

Dylan_Writes15 SILVER, Arvada, Colorado