MUSING Time - the greatest healer or the best spoiler? | Teen Ink

MUSING Time - the greatest healer or the best spoiler?

By Monamee PLATINUM, Dhaka, Other
Monamee PLATINUM, Dhaka, Other

"আমার সোনার বাংলা, আমি তোমায় ভালোবাসি" 🇧🇩️
It has been almost two months of being a permanent resident of Dhaka and all this while I have been disappointed everywhere. From the widespread use of plastic bags to the practice of coaching centres replacing school, I began to feel that I am living in a nation of complete disorder. What shocked me more is the deadly silence of the people. Just like fruits, vegetables and fishes of Dhaka markets are kept fresh by spraying formalin, I felt that all the citizens have been sent into silent mode by some invisible medicine. But this medicine had not affected me yet. It was disheartening to see the people accept everything the way things are, there was no intellect to question or courage to oppose, the citizens were rendered feeling-less.

But today, as I look outside, things are changing. Students in white uniforms protesting for justice and trying to maintain order in the traffic system, gave me hope for a better tomorrow. I somehow feel that young Bangabandhu must have been like this - strong headed and confident. I now know that our nation is not yet hopeless, there will be the change we all had wished to see, we will form the Shonar Bangla Bangabandhu had dreamt of. I feel so proud today. 💓

Patriotism shouts loud at the streets today through the actions of the passionate youth of our country. ❤️

I believe in the power of words, I believe in a pen being mightier than a sword and I believe in peaceful opposition against the wrong. I could not get down to the streets to voice my opinion but I extend my support to all my friends down there, fighting bravely. We are the future and I am pleased to see that it is going to be a bright one. So proud of the powerful youth and immensely happy to see the rise of a new Bangladesh, a Bangladesh that has the power to think, analyse and ACT.