Monsters | Teen Ink

Monsters

By ghostloveagenda BRONZE, Hales Corners, Wisconsin
ghostloveagenda BRONZE, Hales Corners, Wisconsin

Hold tight, Abuela, if you're up there
I'll make you proud of everything I know
Thank you, for everything I know

We used to look for monsters under our beds, in our closets, down in the basement, but one day, we eventually realized the monsters were truly inside us. I have more monsters inside me than anyone could even begin to imagine, some of us struggle with that I suppose. And of course I’m not talking about the fuzzy, 8-foot tall monsters named “Sully”. No, I’m talking about the real  monsters. The ones that sit and fester inside your mind, starting the moment you are born and never going away. The ones that grow and change with you, that learn your biggest weaknesses because they are your biggest weakness. They never leave, never go away, but sometimes, you can shove them back in that closet in your mind and lock it tight. Other times you can’t. But we ALL have these monsters in us, no matter how many, how big, how well we can shove them down.

Afra ELITE said...
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

This is so relatable and you've written it in a beautiful way...✌🏻👌🏻👏🏻
Just like what @Kitty_Count mentioned I too love how you captured the monster with your words and expressed those monsters using the words...⭐⭐⭐
Keep writing...✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻

Kitty_Count said...
Kitty_Count, Nc, North Carolina

"The way of the world follows the law of the jungle"

I really love this piece. I can 100% relate to it, and I love how you capture it in words, and how you compared a 'monster' to an actual nightmare monster, and how you used those words to express those monsters.