Once upon a time..... | Teen Ink

Once upon a time.....

By Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia
Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia

"She was fascinated with words. To her words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion that could be combinded with other words to create powerful spells." From: Lighting(By: Dean Koontz)

“Once upon a time……” When is that exactly? Some think it’s when the prince fell in love with a princess. Others think it’s when the prince saves a beautiful girl from her death. I’m sure some believe it’s when good things happen or when good awakens in someone unexpected, so that evil will fall. I’ve heard that it’s a time that stands still ,never changing, a time when kings rule, princes save the day, birds dress the lovely girls, and the stepmother always has a mole. But I think not. True, all memorable fairy tales began with “Once upon a time……” and it seems to suit, but what if there are no kings, princes, princesses, or horrid stepparents? What if there were only people? People like you or perhaps like me, who live in the same world we do. A world were birds fly away, gowns hardly ever fit perfectly, Prince Charming is no more than a royal pain, and the bad people don’t always have a mole to warn you. What if we are living in “Once upon a time……”? What if “Once upon a time……” is a moment in your life? What if it’s the moment your dream comes true? Or the moment you fall in love, but don’t hit the ground? What if it the moment you are truly happy, the moment you wouldn’t trade for the world, the moment you couldn’t forget if you tried? What if we all have our own moments called "Once upon a time……"? What if it’s about to happen? What if it will happen in the morning when you open your eyes? Or tomorrow when you meet the one you love on the street? What if it’s knocking on your door right now? Once upon a time…… is when we make it. And “Happily ever after” is how far we take it.

heatherh said...
Absolutely amazing Mikala I love it!!