Does age matter | Teen Ink

Does age matter

June 10, 2023
By lengoclan BRONZE, Ha Noi, Other
lengoclan BRONZE, Ha Noi, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“– I want to change the world through the best writer
- Come on, you’re just a child. You haven’t seen the monster out there.
- I want to see the monster.
- Too young, kid”
“Too young, kid” is the answer I received when I first bring my novel to the journal administrator. At that time, all in my head was just trying to figure out why wanting to be an outstanding author got anything to be associated with my age. Later in life not until I have been through more is the question around my blurry brain “ Does age matter that much?”
When I was 7, I got the gold medal in an English contest for most secondary schools but back then I was just in primary. The reward ceremony was supposed to be the first prize and applause I have ever achieved. However, the actual thing I got from other components is criticism. They doubted my ability and requested to check the marking system. When I was 13, I came to my mother’s company when she was having a problem with her job and was not able to leave me home alone. I had been explained detailly the situation in the car on the way and came up with a solution. Then I took my chance, I told everyone and no one listened. My mom’s colleagues told me “ Good idea kid, why don’t you go back there playing with your toys?”. I knew exactly what I got underestimated. Afterward, I still thought that I could help so I decided to tell my mom. She agreed it was a practical plan and she talked with the chief. Surprisingly, the problem had been solved. I realized from the very beginning that only adults’ opinions were acceptable. At the end of the day, I got a self-suspect intervention that in adult eyes, only people their age could raise their voice. At the age of 15, I finally had my answer about the age matter and it was yes. It was matter but in their head. Not mine.
Let’s walk through the reason why I stay consistent with my “ age-don’t-matter” affirmation. Have you ever heard of the Child Genius TV show where there is pure talent regardless of young age? Arnav Krishna, 9 years old in the 2016 episode, was commented to be smarter than the MC. And he showed his math solution and his political, and history knowledge more than a mathematic expert.
The thing here is if age matters then why are these children better than most adults and if we continue with the limit age matter phase, where would these extraordinary kids go? Is their talent going to be wasted because they’re ‘just kids’? Then it’s time to change your mind and unlock the hidden gems in young age people.
According to an interview with genius child guardians, they believe young people can make a big impact even at a young age. Age to them is no more a number. So the title is also your question” Does age matter”