High School Tips (for guys and girls) | Teen Ink

High School Tips (for guys and girls)

July 29, 2009
By JustMe212 GOLD, Atlanta, Georgia
JustMe212 GOLD, Atlanta, Georgia
10 articles 0 photos 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you want to look young and Beautiful, stand next to ugly old people.
(love this, hilarious :)


Hey everyone, this is Emma G. If your wondering why I am on Morgan’s page, she is being a great friend and letting me use hers until I get my own. I am 15 years old, so this blog will be very interesting. Girls here are a few tips for anyone going into their freshman year of High School, and have questions, or have wondered what its like. And guys, here is a hint on how most girls think.
All the parents are always preaching that H.S. (Short for High School lol) is where all the peer pressure comes in, the drugs being offered every where, the birds and the bees talk, saying that not everyone is “doing it”, the speech where they tell you not to follow the crowd but instead be the leader. And the famous line, “if everyone jumped off a bridge, would you follow?” But a lot of parents are wrong, like maybe they don’t remember very clearly that far back. I am going into my sophomore year; my freshman year was scary, amazing and definitely life changing.
I was in a new school, so my first day was a little scary. I was dressed in what I thought was a cute outfit, but even with that I was very self conscious. (Guys, always compliment girls on their outfits.) I walked through the halls feeling alone and lost. But all I had to get me through the day was that I will never have to go through this again. Since it was a new school, I barely made it to my classes on time the first day, but the 2nd and 3rd day I got to scan the crowds for “hot” guys. There were a lot of cute senior boys! There are a lot of cowboys at my school too. Anyway, all the guys were pretty friendly and nice, but the girls were standoffish. (Guys, it’s easy to have a girl fall for you by being sweet when they feel insecure.)They sat there glaring or whispering. I was really afraid of what I was going to do at lunch; I mean where was I going to sit? Who was I going to sit with? I think the guys were afraid to ask, because they didn’t know what you would say. (Guys take the chance and ask, the worse a girl could say is no.) Come on girls, you know how that feels right? Well you know how in the movies when the new girl walks into the commons or cafeteria everyone gets quiet and just stares. Ya well…..that doesn’t only happen in the movies. I remember walking out of the lunch line with my boxed lunch, heading for a table that seemed filled with friendly girls, but before I could get there everyone froze. I felt completely invisible until then. I just blushed and quickly grabbed a seat. The girls turned out to be pretty nice, still kinda rude but hey I had someone to sit with. Well when lunch was over I was making my way to my locker, and I couldn’t help but notice this cute boy looking at me…..aww well that’s probally boring, but if you guys want me to write more on my First Year In High School…

The author's comments:
Hey its Emma here, to help and make things more clear:] Please comment!